QUICK RUNNING TIPS
READ THIS TO BE AN OLYMPIC CHAMPION IN RUNNING RACE
1) Keep your trunk up and abdomen muscles pulled in gently. Try not to lean forward from the waist.
2) Keep you head horizontal and free from movement. The average head weighs about 5kg, so if you are moving it around a lot, there will be a fair bit of energy wasted. Do not look down but focus on what is ahead. Keep an eye on what is in front, so as to avoid collision with anything.
3) Dot not hunch your shoulders forward, keep them back. Stay relaxed, do not hold them tightly.
4) It is important to keep your hands loose and relaxed. If they are held tightly in a fist, tension will be transferred to the neck and shoulders.
5) Feet need to fall to the ground beneath the body. If they fall in front it will slow you down and cause a breaking action.
6) Keep your arms at right angles to the elbow, matching your legs. Do not allow them to move across the body, from side to side.