61) "The problem with most failing businesses is not that their owners don’t know enough about finance, marketing, management, and operations -- they don’t, but those things are easy enough to learn -- but that they spend their time and energy defending what they think they know. My experience has shown me that the people who are exceptionally good in business aren’t so because of what they know but because of their insatiable need to know more."
- Michael Gerber
62) "Shun idleness. It is a rust that attaches itself to the most brilliant of metals."
63) "Our minds can shape the way a thing will be because we act according to our expectations."
- Federico Fellini
64) "Personal change, growth, development, identity formation—these tasks that once were thought to belong to childhood and adolescence alone now are recognized as part of adult life as well. Gone is the belief that adulthood is, or ought to be, a time of internal peace and comfort, that growing pains belong only to the young; gone the belief that these are marker events—a job, a mate, a child—through which we will pass into a life of relative ease.
- Lillian Breslow Rubin
65) "Experience is not what happens to a man, it is what a man does with what happens to him."
- Aldous Huxley
66) "The abundant life does not come to those who have had a lot of obstacles removed from their path by others. It develops from within and is rooted in strong mental and moral fiber."
- William Mather Lewis
67) "When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
- Lao Tzu
68) "Discovery consists in seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."
- Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi
69) "I just keep going up there and keep swinging at them. If I strike out two or three times in a game or fail to get a hit for a week, why should I worry? Let the pitchers worry, they're the guys who're gonna suffer later on."
- Babe Ruth
70) "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolutions."
- Kahlil Gibran