31) "The only thing that stands between a man and
what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and
the faith to believe that it is possible. " - Richard M. DeVos
32) "It's good to have money and the things money can buy, but it's
good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you
haven't lost the things money can't buy. - George Horace Lorimer
33) "With one day’s reading a man may have the key in his hands."
- Ezra Pound
34) "It takes real courage to do battle in the unspectacular task.
We always listen for the applause of our co-workers. He is courageous
who plods on, unlettered and unknown.... In the last analysis
it is this courage, developing between man and his limitations,
that brings success." - Alice Foote MacDougall
35) "You can make more friends in two months by becoming genuinely
interested in other people than you can in two years by trying
to get other people interested in you." - Dale Carnegie
36) "Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions.
Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel
that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain
37) "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind
word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act
of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
- Leo Buscaglia
38) "Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinion of others,
for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for
yourself. Face the truth." - Katherine Mansfield
39) "To dream magnificently is not a gift given to all men, and even
for those who possess it, it runs a strong risk of being progressively
diminished by the ever-growing dissipation of modern life and
by the restlessness engendered by material progress. The ability
to dream is a divine and mysterious ability; because it is through
dreams that man communicates with the shadowy world which surrounds
him. But this power needs solitude to develop freely; the more
one concentrates, the more one is likely to dream fully, deeply."
- Charles Baudelaire
40) "We must walk consciously only part way toward our goal and then
leap in the dark to our success." - Henry David Thoreau
Previous || Next